Thursday, June 25, 2009

Popcorn and Cola Time...


Since my holidays have started, the first thing I did was that I joined Bigflix. I can now watch any movie I want, I just have to order it :) 300 Rs. per month and you can rent a dvd. So, obviously, the last few days I have been watching movies which i had always wanted to see but could never get them. And the picture quality is so clear that I have started to like watch movies on my PC which I absolutely hate. I keep on adding the movies that I have watched to list on the side gadget and I hope the list goes on increasing :)

Which ones did I watch?
Salaam Bombay
Amazing film by Mira Nair, liked it much better than Slumdog Millionaire. This film shows the underbelly of Mumbai way better than Slumdog. Was nominated was Oscar but did not win.
8/10

Gandhi
Excellent.
9.5/10

Boys Don't Cry
Great story based on real life.
7.5/10

Ankur
Shayam Benegal's film and Shabana Azmi's debut film. Too good again :)
8/10

Dev
Govind Nihalani's film based on the communal riots with stellar performances by Amitabh Bacchan and Om Puri. Loved the song sung by Kareena.
Jab nahi aye the tum..tab bhi mere paas the tum..dil main dhadkan ki tarah..tan main jeevan ki tarah..Meri dharti mere mausam..mere din raat the tum
8/10

The Kite Runner
Nice film. The essence of the book is kept alive by the film. For you a thousand times over. There's a way to be good again:)
7.5/10

Dharm
Another film based on the communal harmony, probably the best I have seen. The film touches your heart.This film should have been sent to the Oscars ( I still haven't seen Eklavya though which was sent in its place)
9.5/10

Honeymoon travels Pvt. Ltd.
The first non serious film that I watched and liked it again. With Anurag Kashyap as dialogue writer, it was one hell of a fun. it is about six married couples on a honeymoon with elements of fantasy in it.Kay Kay Menon and Raima Sen were too good though I did not like the abrupt ending and some stories were left midway. I wanted to see Sandhya Mridul and Amisha Patel's story taken further. Tango by Abhay Deol and Minishha Lamba was so cool :)
7.5/10

I have made a big list and will watch more and more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment