Monday, July 3, 2023

Weekend Blues

When I am happy, I keep quiet. When I am sad, I feel like writing. And I am feeling sad today. That may be why they say great art comes from sadness. Take your broken heart, make it into art.
  • Every child is special, they say. But the same child, when he turns an adult, becomes average, following the principles of normal distribution. I do not want to be average. I want to be special even as an adult. 
  • The advice we often get is to never compare yourself with others; compare yourself with your own self. The only competition is your own self. But this is the problem. I want to be better than my current self. I want to be at the top. I want to know everything.   
  • I miss having genuine friends nearby with whom I can share heart-to-heart talks. I have a lot of formal friends, but I don't share much with them. I hesitate a bit. I keep things to myself. You cannot tell these things to virtual friends.
  • I hate when people copy my pictures and notes from here, put them on Instagram or elsewhere, and get millions of views.
  • I don't feel like being at home during weekends. I don't feel inner satisfaction anywhere. I don't feel that sense of belongingness anywhere. This feeling never goes away.
  • When I read some old posts of mine, I disagree with some of them now. It is what they call growing up.
  • I feel left behind all the time. Like time is passing by quickly, and I am not reaching where I want to be.
  • I feel jealous of people who write well with a literary flair. That part cannot be learned.
  • I miss my old me. I used to be so much fun.
  • All my hair has turned grey. I have started coloring it. Even facial hair is grey. I don't want to look old. 
  • I don't feel like watching any new stuff. I keep watching and rewatching the old stuff. It is comforting.
  • Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar is a terrible film. Mrs. Chatterjee vs. Norway is a good film. I really want to watch Satya Prem Ki Katha and feel like going to the theater to watch it. I have watched only one film in the theater in the last three years. All the other films for the rest of the year don't seem theater-worthy yet.
  • I keep wondering if this is how my life will be from now? I want to find something that gives me a purpose.
  • I will be fine in some days. Happiness and sadness are phases of life.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, you are a damn intelligent guy. I seriously thoroughly enjoy your detailed insightful reviews. Kitni baarikiyan dhundh lete ho movies ki, Super impressive. Keep them coming. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are" the voice", that communicates all our inner selves, on our behalf.. More power to your writing and you... When I read your blog, those words linger with me and I connect. Please keep writing(anything) , and let your mood not dictate it (happiness and sadness)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your very kind words. I will try to do that. :)

      Delete

Post a comment