Saturday, May 20, 2023

Birthday Number — 36

I turned 36 today. Actually yesterday. I was so tired yesterday that I slept at 10 PM and did not wake up till the next morning. It is the first time in years that I have missed writing a post on this day. I did nothing special yesterday. It was the usual day. I woke up at 6.30 AM. I had three meetings, so I could not take a leave. I reached work early, at 8 AM. I got a brownie for myself (no counting calories for one day). I went to the top floor of a different office building that has nice views of water. I clicked my picture and had my brownie. Then, I spent the day doing the usual work and then came home. I went for the last workout of the week. I wanted to have nice food, but I did not feel like going out. I thought to get something nice delivered but then delivery times were more than an hour. So, I decided to cook the usual stuff. Then, I wanted to write this post but fell asleep as I was so tired. It never happens to me that I sleep at 10 PM.

In terms of life updates, I already posted something here a few weeks ago. I was a little happy-sad yesterday. At 36, we expect to be at some point in life, but I have been left a bit behind because of my actions and inactions. 40 is just four years away, and it ain't a good feeling. But I try to be happy and busy; I have taken up a part-time job which leaves me less time to think about these things. One thing I am also investing heavily in is my health. I wish I started this when I was in my early twenties. It really boosts one's confidence. I would have been a different person now. But it is never too late to think better about yourself.

I have been thinking about my plans for the coming months. I have some things I want to reach, but still trying to work out the path to reach. Rest, I will let life take its own course.

 
Happy birthday to me.

Dialogue of the Day:
"If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead."
— Auguste Gusteau, Ratatouille

4 comments:

  1. Wish you a very Happy Birthday and hope you have a great year ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday...we share same age...I will also be turning 36 this September

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know why, but I enjoyed reading this. It almost felt like having a conversation with a friend. Wishing you a very belated happy birthday! Although your birthday was an usual day hopefully your year ahead is filled with unusually amazing days! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment