Sunday, September 9, 2012

Of Loss, Good Writing and Obama....

Hmmm...

A lot of things happened this week..don't know where to start...this was a week of loss..of losing ..when Y called me I knew she was crying..and then I started feeling the same things.. but what else to do..all we can do is just go on..I knew something had happened with another friend but I am sure all will be well now..we have to go on living no? To find happiness? .......



This week Anupama asked an excellent question to Priyanka Chopra on the Front Row. She asked:

Anupama: When Kiran Desai won the Booker Prize, she said to a journalist that good writing doesn’t come from winning prizes and being happy, it comes from doubt and it comes from a difficult place. So where does good acting come from? Does it also come from difficult place?

Priyanka: I think for me acting comes from good writing. I’m as good as the script or as bad as it. I read that Pankaj Kapur said, “Whatever you need is in your script.” It’s different that we didn’t have a script for this film so it was such an organic experience.


What a fabulous statement by Kiran Desai. Good writing comes from doubt. Kiran Desai's book Inheritance of Loss was the name of my blog prior to Dichotomy of Irony. I haven't read the book but still I feel some sort of kinship with the title - the inheritance of loss...Maybe I have a kinship with loss, that is why I love to be sad..to feel loss all the time..and that I become happy when I am sad...

I searched for the interview in which Kiran talks about writing which Anupama mentions. It is a fabulous interview. Read it here.


She says, "writing doesn’t come from being famous or happy, it comes from more difficult places…it comes from doubt, worry and all those more uncomfortable emotions.” Isn't it true? But can't good writers be happy? Don't they say that comedians are the most saddest people in the world? 

And this week, Obama came to the campus. I have never attended any political rally in India but I waited for more than four hours just to get a glimpse of him. And when he came on stage, I was so happy..I don't know why but to see the most powerful man in the world in front of you was an exhilarating experience. Michelle didn't speak..just came in the end. Obama..whatever one's view about him but he is no doubt a fantastic orator..how confidently he speaks! 


I was at the end..couldn't get a good view for clicking from close...




There were security guards at the top of every building. Somehow I love this picture of guards more than those of Obama..maybe it is the sky effect..but I can look at this picture for a long time...


I don't want to write more..not feeling good...and have nothing to write actually..becoming more emotionless and thought less day by day...

Dialogue of the Day:
"I sometimes think that people's heart are like deep wells. No body knows what's at the bottom. All you can do is imagine by what comes floating to the surface every once in a while."
 - Haruki Murakami, Airplane or How He Talked to Himself While Reciting Poetry

"चलते चलते आदमी खुद गिर जाये तो खराश आती है, लेकिन उसे अगर गिरा दिया जाये तो चोट आने का खतरा रहता है"
 - Pooja, Kabhi Kabhi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment