Friday, May 22, 2009

Of Love and Ralationships....


My friend D told me to write something sensible as he thinks I write crap. But politics and films are my only forte', so naturally I will write about them only... but still I thought of writing about Love-a topic I had always wanted to write about it but never did . I absolutely love films, so my understanding of it has been shaped by our overtly melodramatic dramas.The theme of love is the mainstay of our film industry. So, I intend to inform you that the following post is going to be another as I say 'senseless posts', so read at your caution..

Rahul in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai defined love in the most bizarre ways 'Pyaar dosti hai'. Eric Segal in his classic book Love Story says "Love means never having to say sorry". Each of us I believe has our concept of love. You may not agree with mine and I may not agree with yours but nevertheless there would some common ground..

For me Love is something very pure and it has to have three things- Understanding, Sacrifice and Trust.

Understanding among the partners is very important. As they say, someone who can understand your silence, there is no need of words and someone you love knows you better than you know yourself. You remember that scene from Dil Chahta Hai (one of the best films of all time according to me) where Tara (Dimple Kapadia) comes and visits Sid's (Akshay Khanna) place to see his paintings she says " Aaj maine tumhare bare me ek nayi baat jaani hai..jo log tumhe jaante hain vo log bhi tumhe nahi jaante hain..tumhare khaab tum kisi ko nahi batate.. tum logon se milte to zaroor ho lekin tumhari ek alag hi duniya hai.." Would you then blame Sid for loving Tara? A person who could read your complete life in your first meeting, how could anyone not fall in with that person.. That scene which has been my all time favourite scene is a remarkable one..

Love also means sacrifice. I have never understood the possessive love of SRK in Darr.. By forcing someone to love you is absolutely the worst thing ever.. Love means that you are happy in other's happiness..you are prepared to make some compromisess.. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, another of my favourite movie :) I think the character of Vanraj (Ajay Devgan) epitomises this..His love for Nandini (Aishwarya Rai) took him to Italy to reunite her with her lover..He loved her so much that he could not live with out her but he knew she would never be the same Nadini who would never reciprocate his love..Think of it in real life, it is too good to be true but somehow it really shows what love is..there was so much criticism of that unrealistic scene in Kabhi Alvidaa Na Kehnaa.. when Sam (Amitabh Bachhan) says to Maya (Rani) to leave his son as by continuing the marriage she would even deprive Rishi (Abhishek) of the happiness in his life..but I think it was only fair that she should leave Rishi..

Trust too is an important entity in love..If you cannot trust each other then love has no meaning.. In Friends, Emily could never trust Ross after he took Rachel's name instead of hers at their wedding and she laid a precondition that he would never meet Rachel.. when Ross asked her that can she trust him? She said no and their marriage was doomed to fail..

Anyway, I am thinking more and more about it... and

I can already see you *yawning*.. so, enough for now...



3 comments:

  1. true love is hard to find..

    nice post..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never said u write crap.but yes sometimes continuous politics's posts creates monotony,as in my case wen i read ur blog :p dats y i asked u to write something different n sensible.
    by the way, all in all a nice post with a lot of sense which reveals ur heart's core. but aadat se mazboor u again integrated movies in it :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment