Sunday, December 25, 2011

Of Christmas, Fortune Cookie, Don 2, Conversations and Living On...

Merry Christmas everyone. Seema Goswami writes beautifully about Christmas:

If you ask me, Christmas is the greatest triumph of our syncretic Indian culture: that our festivals retain their religious significance even as they are celebrated across religious lines. Contrast this with the West where political correctness now dictates that you should say ‘Happy Holidays’ instead of ‘Merry Christmas’’ for fear of giving offence to some minority or religious group.

Totally agree..

And before I forget I wanted to write about something else as well. I had gone for dinner at Fortune Cookie at my last unit outing. Now, as we know after you finish your meal there, they give a cookie which contains your fortune. Just as that silly and irritating Facebook app that I have permanently blocked as spam on my feed. But I like doing these stupid things although I don't believe in them. So D who was sitting next to me got his fortune as "There will be pressure at work, but you will sail through." D is actually doing a very difficult project but I know he will sail through :). And H got his fortune as, "You will soon be gifted by a close friend."  Now, this is so true. We had gone on Wednesday and Friday was my last day. I had planned to give him something on my last day. So true no? These inane things sometime become so true. Haina? And you what I got as my fortune? "You will never be last. You will always excel." I don't know whether it is true or not :( I can only wish..

I start a new phase of my life tomorrow. I am going to miss all my friends and am going to miss my old office :( But as the cliche goes, life moves on. Scared, nervous..these are the feelings what I am experiencing. Theek hai..I will try to be positive :) 

I also liked Don 2. The thing with me is that I don't watch English action movies much (I love Hindi movies more!!!)..so I haven't seen all the movies that it has been ripped off from - Ocean's Eleven, Mission Impossible. I liked the movie but I still feel Don 1 was better in terms of story and drama. This was more of a one dimensional movie focused only on the robbery but in terms of characters Don 1 was better. By Don 1, I mean the Farhan Akhtar one..not the original which I still haven't seen completely. There were no great dialogues..no edge of the seat moments but I loved the way it has been shot. You can make out it is Farhan's style. 

I also called J to wish her Christmas. Whenever I talk to her, I feel happy because she makes me feel so happy. So today when I called her, she told me that cab bhaiya was saying good things about me. Now what happened is that there was this fellow C in my cab (J and I used to call him by many names with this letter :P) but let's call him late-latif :P It was my first pick up and then I used to go to his place. And now C has the first pick up, so as his name goes he comes by his own sweet time. And has the audacity to blame driver bhaiya that he comes late. J told me that this led to an argument in which he said that "P never used to come late, instead he had to wait for me. He was always on time." Chalo is bahane C ki akal thikane ayegi ki it's bad manners to let someone wait for you every single day :P Chalo bahut buraai kar di C ki..itna bura bhi nahi hai vo..thora spolit hai..Ab mujhe kuch nahi bolna chahiye uske bare me. Wish him all the best.

It is my sister's birthday today. My mom's Santa Claus :P I just wish things get better. Mummy remains worried these days :( 

Anyways, lots of work still left...and lots and lots of more things to say..Long time no see..

Dialogue(s) of the day:

From Hum Tum:


Riya: Karan, बात ऐसी थी  की मैं इंडिया में रहती तो Mumma और मेरे रिश्तेदार मेरी दोबारा शादी की बात करते रहते.. Sameer के जाने के बाद मेरा इन सब बातों से मन उठ चूका था.. किसी के जाने के बाद भी प्यार थोड़ी न कम हो जाता है ..Sameer का पयार मेरे साथ हमेशा रहेगा.. I will always love him.

Karan: I can understand that.. इसका यह तो मतलब यह तो नहीं की तुम अपनी ज़िन्दगी फिर से शुरू नहीं कर सकती..You can't stop living nah?

Like it when she says, किसी के जाने के बाद भी प्यार थोड़ी न कम हो जाता है...very true. and he says, but you have to keep on living. This reminds me of this post of mine.

The lovely scene here..winner of Filmfare Best Scene of the Year 2004.. Bye for now



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment