Monday, January 3, 2011

Of Aman-Anjali-Rahul and Vanraj-Nandini-Sameer


Kal na TV par Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was coming..one of those films that reminds me of my childhood..I clearly remember Class 6 it was and in those days, I didn't go to cinema halls every week as I do now.. used to wait when cable vale bhaiya will show it on TV..as soon as he used to show his pirated version, there was discussion among gali ke bacche like hamare cable vale ne to dikha bhi di..tere vale ne nahi dikhai..

Anyways, of topic..as I watched it for I don't know like for the nth time, I think Aman's character was much superior to Rahul's. I have been fascinated by sacrificial love since long (perhaps that is why Vanraj of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam remains one of my favorite characters ever).. Talking of KKHH, Aman was the scene stealer..and just look at his character.. he knows that Anjali doesn't love him..he could see it in her eyes..as he says to her at the end "maine tumhari aankhon me mere liye hamesha vo pyaar dekhna chaha jo meri aankhon me tumhare liye hai..aur aaj mujhe vo pyaar dikha..lekin mere liye nahi Rahul ke liye" .. He clearly understood that Anjali is just doing marriage for the sake of it..he even told it to Anjali's mom that he thinks that Anjali doesn't love him...but still he loved her immensely despite Anjali did or did not love him.. that is called true love..perhaps it was his love for her that he wanted to see her happy that he let go of her..

And compare Rahul's character!! He didn't even realise that Anjali is totally in love with him, even Tina could make out but how could he not?? And then he says.. hum pyaar ek baar karte hain, aur shaadi bhi ek baar karte hain.. then why did he marry Anjali if Tina was his first love? And not once did he say to Anjali to that he loved her..even at the end he just tells how he feel about her by using dumb charades of I-love-you and that when he sees Anjali fully dressed as a bride..Yes, perhaps he didn't realize that he was in love with her.. He coud not understand Anjali while Aman did, therfore wasn't he a superior character than Rahul..isn't love about understanding?

Rahul may have got Anjali but for me Aman came out the winner.. and in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Vanraj rightly came out the winner as Nandini says to Sameer..tumne mujhe pyar karna sikhaya lekin pyar nibhana maine Vanraj se seekha hai.. that is why she leaves Sameer and comes back to Vanraj..

But I still loved both the films.. movies are magic. 

More later

1 comment:

  1. in the game of love, winner is the one who gets the chick :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment