Thursday, December 2, 2010

Going against your grain?

Will you go against your grain? We had our Unit Lunch today and as usual it was not a very great experience. Not because the food was terrible which actually it was, but because I felt so out of place. I had nobody to talk to, everybody was busy conversing in some topic or other..cracking jokes, narrating experiences..blah blah..but I felt so out of place..Yes, I agree that I am introvert and shy but I don't feel comfortable to just randomly start any conversation.. For the last 2 weeks, A and J have been forcing me to change myself..I agree that I should change myself but is it that easy to change yourself so easily..is it that simple to go against your grain..to do what you are not supposed to..I remember Priyanka Gandhi once saying in an interview that she has immense respect for her mother, Sonia Gandhi not because she is her mother but the way she has gone against her grain to become someone who is totally opposite to what she wishes for. She never wanted to be a politician but still she has moulded herself into a new avatar. Now, when I look at her, I can see what she meant..I know one thing.. I will never be successful or happy in life.. I will always remain a laggard :(
I keep on saying the Serenity prayer to myself but to no avail.. it actually makes me serene...
God, grant us the
Serenity to accept the things we cannot change..
Courage to change the things we can..and the
Wisdom to know the difference...
I don't want to end up like this ya :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment