Monday, September 28, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
- He realised obscurely that the sense of loneliness was too precious to be shared and finally incommunicable that men were ultimately islands, each had his own universe, immense only to himself, far beyond the grasp of the interest of others.
- The ecstasy of arrival never compensates for the emptiness of the departure.
- Perhaps he was merely longing for the past in an uncongenial present, forgetting its petty unhappiness, bewitched by it only because he was not its master.
- Remember, you're not James Bond..you only live once. (Brilliant line, referring to Bond's You Only Live twice)
- Today I have got myself out of all my perplexities, or rather I have got the perplexities out of myself, for they were not without but within, they lay in my own outlook.
- Movement without purpose, an endless ebb and flow, from one world to another, journeys and passages undertaken by cocoons for not for rest or solace but for ephemerals.
- He had first to banish all yearning and learn to accept the drift, perhaps it was true all was clouded by desire, a fire by smoke,or as a mirror by dust.
Amit Varma, India's best known blogger, India Uncut fame, has now started tweeting here. This was one of his tweet on the Austerity Drive and the Twittergate controversy of Mr. Tharoor's cattle class remarks. Some of his other tweets read as:
What's the difference between Twitter and the Lok Sabha? Twitter allows 140 characters -- the LS allows 552.
In the land of the Cowma Sutra, how can anyone be lonely? ( Referring to the Newshour debate on Times Now where a Congress spokesperson said, those who tweet are lonely!!!!!)
I'm not lonely - I just like hanging out with cows and cattle!
There's a T-shirt slogan right there: I'm not lonely, I'm just on an austerity drive.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
- The Khajuraho temples built by the Chandelas in the earlier centuries. I mean it is a shame that a country like ours that gave the world Kamasutra and such exquisite sculptures, sex is still taboo..anyway I so want to see the Khajuraho temples.
- The Taj Mahal. Shame on me that I am an Indian and still haven't seen the magnificent wonder!
- The Eiffel tower. And to also eat at the restaurant at top of the Eiffel tower...
- The Mona Lisa at the Louvre. The enigmatic smile of the woman is bewildering...
- The cities of Milan, Venice, Rome, Paris...Renaissance has a magical charm...
- Watching a Wimbledon final live at the All England Tennis Championships..
- The Pyramids of Egypt by the Nile..the song Suraj Hua Madham is beautifully shot there..
- The Sydney Opera House..
Hmmmm so likh liya na..now start dreaming.. itne paise to hai nahi mere paas, sapno me hi dekh sakhta hun sob sob :